Saturday 9 July 2016

Star Trek Exhibition Blackpool

Today I made a trip to Blackpool to visit the Star Trek Exhibition. The last time I went to Blackpool was about 7 or so years ago, maybe even longer, for a football match. This time I was geeking out to the Star Trek Exhibition and it did not disappoint. 

I wish I had taken a picture of the entrance as it was a brilliant sight seeing it walking down the promenade. 


Here is a picture of the first thing you see when you walk into the exhibition.




Where it began... The Original Series.


Costume section. There were may costumes on display, too many to take photos of so I chose these few to share. 


This is the costume Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) wore in Star Trek: Insurrection.


The uniform of Gates McFadden (Dr Crusher)

 Klingon Uniform



If you were to find yourself working in Quarks you'd be wearing this uniform.



 Commander Riker: "Fate protects fools, little children and ships names Enterprise" S2 E37





Shuttle craft. Can you make out any of the autographs?













Last but not least, here I am in the captains chair.


When we arrived at the exhibition the gentleman on the desk told us no all of the props had been delivered in time for the opening date. When I booked tickets a couple of dates had been cancelled due to this fact. We were offered another trip for free when all the props have been delivered. So in a couple of weeks we will be going back for more Star Trek fun :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment